Dandan episode 25: Megumi gets the result for her entrance exam to Kyoto University.
- Title: だんだん
- Title (romaji): Dandan
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: Family
- Episodes: 150
- Runtime: 15 minutes (per episode)
- Viewership ratings: ep1: 16.8%, avg: 16.2%, highest: 18.7% (Kanto)
- Broadcast network: NHK
- Broadcast period: 2008-Sep-29 to 2009-Mar-28
- Air time: Monday-Saturday 08:15
- Theme song: Enishi no Ito by Takeuchi Mariya (竹内まりや)
The 79th NHK asadora is Dandan. The twin girls Tajima Megumi and Ichijo Nozomi was separated at birth after their parents had divorced. Years later they meet each other. Both of them have a career within the entertainment industry. Megumi who lives in Matsue, Shimane sings in the band Shijimijiru, and Nozomi is a maiko, an apprentice geisha in Kyoto.
|Matsue people||Kyoto and Osaka people|
Character names may not be correct. This post will be updated as I go through each episode.
Feel free to retranslate. Please, do not stream or make profit from these subtitles.
Translation: Nippon Golden Network
Transcriber: dtyc (ep1-138)
Editor, timer: Jean
Subtitles sync to RAWs at Nyaa.
- Dandan (だんだん) means “thank you” in the Izumo, Shimane dialect.
- Ookini (大きに) means “thank you very much” in Kansai dialect.
- Geisha (芸者) and Geiko (芸妓) could be translated as “artist”, “performing artist.” The term geiko refers to geisha from Western Japan which includes Kyoto and Kanazawa. Maiko (舞妓) is an apprentice geisha.
- Kamo River is located in Kyoto prefecture, not to be confused with Kamogawa City located in Chiba prefecture.
|Dandan ENG Subs and Titles of Weeks
The weekly titles are songs by various artists.
|Week 01 ep001-006 Red Sweet Pea
Akai Sweet Pea (赤いスイートピー) by Matsuda Seiko (松田聖子)
|Week 02 ep007-012 Two Lonely People
Hitoribocchi no Futari (一人ぼっちの二人) by Sakamoto Kyu (坂本九)
|Week 03 ep013-018 As Time Goes By
Toki no Sugiyuku Mama ni (時の過ぎゆくままに) by Sawada Kenji (沢田研二)
|Week 04 ep019-024 Song of a Journey
Tabidachi no Uta (出発の歌) by Kamijo Tsunehiko (上條恒彦) & Roku Monsen (六文銭)
|Week 05 ep025 of 030 The Coming Spring
Haru no Yokan (春の予感) by Minami Saori (南沙織)
|Week 06 ep031-036 My Little Brother
Otouto yo (弟よ) by Naito Yasuko (内藤やす子)
|Week 07 ep037-042 Summer Love
Koisuru Natsu no Hi (恋する夏の日) by Amachi Mari (天地真理)
|Week 08 ep043-048 Wavering Heart
Yureru Omoi (揺れる想い) by ZARD
|Week 09 ep049-054 Love Vacation
Koi no Vacation (恋のバカンス) by The Peanuts (ザ・ピーナッツ)
|Week 10 ep055-060 Surely I Can Fly
Sora mo Toberu Hazu (空も飛べるはず) by Spitz (スピッツ)
|Week 11 ep061-066 Journey of the Heart
Kokoro no Tabi (心の旅) by TULIP (チューリップ)
|Week 12 ep067-072 I Want to Sing with You Again
Mou Ichido Futari de Utaitai (もう一度ふたりで歌いたい) by Wada Akiko (和田アキ子)
|Week 13 ep073-078 In a Dream
Yume no Naka e (夢の中へ) by Inoue Yousui (井上陽水)
|Week 14 ep079-084 That Wonderful Love Once Again
Ano Subarashii Ai wo Mou Ichido (あの素晴しい愛をもう一度) by Kato Kazuhiko (加藤和彦) & Kitayama Osamu (北山修)
|Week 15 ep085-090 Walk with Your Head Held High
Ue wo Muite Arukou (上を向いて歩こう) by Sakamoto Kyu (坂本九)
|Week 16 ep091-096 Song of Life
Inochi no Uta (いのちの歌) by ManaKana (茉奈 佳奈) feat. Shijimiru (シジミジル)
|Week 17 ep097-102 This is My Life
Kore ga Watashi no Ikiru Michi (これが私の生きる道) by PUFFY (パフィー)
|Week 18 ep103-108 If You Have the Courage
Yuuki ga Areba (勇気があれば) by Saijo Hideki (西城秀樹)
|Week 19 ep109-114 Days of Love Gone By
Itoshiki Hibi (愛しき日々) by Horiuchi Takao (堀内孝雄)
|Week 20 ep115-120 A Bridge to Tomorrow
Original title: Bridge over Troubled Water
Asu ni Kakeru Hashi (明日に架ける橋) by Simon & Garfunkel
|Week 21 ep121-126 Don’t Give Up
Makenai de (負けないで) by ZARD
|Week 22 ep127-132 Just Being with You
Kimi ga Iru Dake de (君がいるだけで) by KOME KOME CLUB (米米CLUB)
|Week 23 ep133-138 Love Will Win
Ai wa Katsu (愛は勝つ) by KAN
|Week 24 ep139-144 A New Tomorrow
Ashita ga Umareru (あしたが生まれる) by Four Leaves (フォーリーブス)
|Week 25 ep145-150 end String of Fate
Enishi no Uta (縁の糸) by Takeuchi Mariya (竹内まりや)
- Original work: Moriwaki Kyoko (森脇京子)
- Director: Nagaoki Wataru (長沖渉), Sakurai Ken (櫻井賢)
- Music: Muramatsu Takatsugu (村松崇継)
- Background Music
- Inochi no Uta (いのちの歌) (ep96, 102-103, 107, 120, 144 and final episode)
- Narrator: Takeuchi Mariya (竹内まりや)