English subtitles for various episodes of the taiga drama Inochi.
Episode 47: Haru goes to Tsugaru to spend time with close friends.
2019-Jun-04: Episode 45 has been updated and is now complete, thank you kumasan for the help.
Title (romaji): Inochi
Viewership ratings: 26,6% (ep1), 36,7% (highest ep), 29,3% (avg.)
Broadcast network: NHK
Broadcast period: 1986-Jan-05 to 1986-Dec-14
Air time: Sunday 20:00
The drama is begins in August 1945, three days after the end of the Pacific war. A freight train completely jam-packed with passengers heads for Aomori from devastated Tokyo. Among the passengers is Takahara Miki Takahara and her sister Sachi.
Miki and Sachi are the daughters of a wealthy landlord living in a village in the Tsugaru area in Aomori prefecture but they have been living in Tokyo since before the war to attend school. After seeing her village does not have a doctor, Miki is determined to become a rural doctor.
- Mita Yoshiko as Miki
- Tanba Tetsuro as Masamichi (father)
- Kuga Yoshiko as Chie (mother)
- Ishino Mako as Sachi (younger sister)
- Watanabe Toru as Nakagawa Kuniyuki
- Ishida Taro as Hiromichi (uncle)
- Osaka Shiro as Kudo Seikichi (servant)
- Akagi Harue as Kudo Ine (servant)
- Ibu Masato as Gozo
- Sugai Kin as Teru
- Yamazaki Senri as Hatsuko
- Kobayashi Daisuke → Kato Akihito → Uchida Shinichi → Shindo Eisaku as Tatsuo
- Sato Omi → Shimizu Ai → Nikaido Chihiro → Takagi Miho as Noriko
- Takamatsu Ryoko → Miyahara Nami → Kobayashi Ayako → Kishimoto Kayoko as Tsuda Seiko
- Kusami Junpei
- Sugawara Chineko as Hisako
- Shimana Misato as Maki (ep45)
|Supporting Cast & Guests|
Translation: JN Productions (a little revised)
Transcriber, editor, timer: keiko1981
Transcriber: Rashomon (ep11-)
Additional translation help
nuve (ep1, 4, 8, 10, 13, 19, 21, 24-27, 29, 31-33)
kumasan (ep8, 22, 24, 32, 34-35, 38, 41-45)
Special thanks: Avallac’h, Rashomon, and Sigurd
Subtitles sync to videos at Nyaa, or AvistaZ.
I will not be able to provide subtitles for the complete drama. The subtitles have been transcribed from an old incomplete VHSRip. I’m hoping that maybe someone will be able to help out with the missing parts later on. Unfortunately no Japanese subtitles exist.
*Timecodes can be found in subtitles archive.
episode 1 Complete
episode 2 Missing*
episode 3-5 Complete
episode 6 Missing
episode 7 Missing
episode 8 Complete
episode 9 Missing
episode 10-15 Complete
episode 16-18 Missing
episode 19-29 Complete
episode 30 Missing
episode 31-35 Complete
episode 36 Missing
episode 37 Untranslated: 03:37-03:38 (inaudible)
episode 38 Complete
episode 39 Missing
episode 40 Half episode, timecodes for the rest.
episode 41-47 Complete
episode 48 Missing
Some of the information below may be incorrect since I haven’t finish the episodes.
episode 50 end