English subtitles for the asadora Oshin.
Episode 253: Michiko returns to the Tanokuras after having run away.
Title (romaji): Oshin
Episodes: 297 x 15 min
Genre: Human drama
Broadcast network: NHK
Broadcast period: 1983-Apr-04 to 1984-Mar-31
Air time: 08:15-08:30
Rebroadcast: 12:45-13:00 at NHK-G
Viewership ratings: ep01 39.2%, high 62.9%, avg 52.6%
Opening theme song: Oshin Main Theme
Oshin is born as a poor sharecropper’s daughter in a small village of Yamagata. Through hard work and perseverance she eventually triumphs over pain and adversity to achieve fame and success.
- Kobayashi Ayako as Oshin (6 to 10 years old)
- Tanaka Yuko as Oshin (16 to 46 years old)
- Otowa Nobuko as Oshin (50 to 84 years old)
- Izumi Pinko as Fuji (Oshin’s mother)
- Ito Shiro as Sakuzo (Oshin’s father)
- Oji Michio as Naka (Oshin’s grandmother)
- Yoshioka Yuichi as Shoji (Oshin’s older brother)
- Watanabe Eriko as Tora (Shoji’s wife)
- Sendo Nobuko → Senno Hiromi as Haru (Oshin’s older sister)
- Watanabe Fumiko as Riki (family friend)
- Namiki Shiro as Ryuzo (Oshin’s husband)
- Sato Hideo as Daigoro (Ryuzo’s father, as listed in the NHK book)
- Kitamura Kazuo as Daigoro (Ryuzo’s father)
- Takamori Kazuko as Kiyo (Ryuzo’s mother)
- Kitamura Soichiro as Fukutaro (Ryuzo’s older brother)
- Kanze Yoko as Tsuneko (Fukutaro’s wife)
- ?? as Sataro (Fukutaro’s son)
- Imafuku Masao as Imamura Genemon
- Ito Takeshi → 萩堂 → Yamano Reo → 槇浩 → Matsuda Yoji → Fuke Norimasa as Yuu (Oshin’s oldest son)
- Yamashita Shinji → Takahashi Etsushi as Hitoshi (Oshin’s son)
- Tanaka Misako → Asaji Yoko as Michiko (Hitoshi’s wife)
- Kawakami Maiko as Midori (Hitoshi & Michiko’s daughter)
- Suzuki Mie as Akane (Hitoshi & Michiko’s daughter)
- Yoshino Yukiko as Tei
- Kirihara Fumio as Sakita Tatsunori (Tei’s husband)
- Uenaka Haruka → Nagashima Yuko → Tanaka Yoshiko → Sasaki Ai as Hatsuko (Oshin’s adopted daughter)
Feel free to retranslate. Please, do not stream or make profit from these subtitles.
Translation: UTB Channel
Timer: keiko1981, kagi (ep1-28)
Additional help: y0ssy (ep23, 29, 57-58, 66, 71-72, 77-78, 81, 97, 104, 115, 117-118, 140, 150, 167, 192)
Also thanks to: Avallac’h and XrayMind
What is the difference between these subtitles and the hardsubbed version?
Fixed double-lines and added correct translation.
Names: Family name, given name.
Subtitles sync to these videos
Chinese hardsub: 512x384p at Nyaa.
DVDRip: 640x480p at Nyaa, or AvistaZ.
ENG hardsubbed can be found at Rare & Old Doramas, Nyaa, or AvistaZ.
The anime can be found at Nyaa.